Thursday 29 May 2014

Dangling Field Mouse, Wool Painting


 I've got a bit of a 'thing' for field mice at the moment. This is my latest finished piece of felted artwork.
 This little chap is dangling precariously...
above the poppies.
I'll be exhibiting at Art in the Pen in Carlisle on 28th and 29th June. This is the first at Carlise although it is in it's ninth year at Skipton, which is in August (I'll be there too). 

There is a preview evening on Friday 27th by invitation only, so if you would like to attend the preview evening, email me at fiona@marmaladerose.co.uk and I'll  be happy to post you an invitation. Otherwise please feel free to come along on Saturday and Sunday; there'll be over 100 selected artists who'll transform sheep and cow pens into mini galleries to sell their original works of art.

Till next time
love Fi x

17 comments:

Dr Christine Crawley said...

That is gorgeous and in keeping with the WWI focus at the moment.

... Bimbi said...

Wonderful! Wish Carlisle was closer...

Bimbi x

ymme said...

Prachtig!
groetjes,
Ymme

Winwick Mum said...

He's lovely, and I love the sky behind as well. I have a feeling he may well not be coming home from the art exhibition with you... xx

Wendy said...

You are just so extraordinarily talented. This is just absolutely incredible How you get such precise results from such an imprecise technique as wet felting is beyond me. yes, I know you needle felt the details, but this could have been painted. So beautiful.

Susan Smith said...

That is just so cute. Hope all goes well at the art exhibition. Take care.

Twiglet said...

He is lovely - you get better and better with each one - and I loved your early stuff!!!

liniecat said...

Absolutely stunning !

RedSetter said...

He is gorgeous. Your work is so lifelike I am seriously tempted to put my hand out to support the little chap.

Little Blue Mouse said...

That is so gorgeous!

Chrys said...

Your little field mouse is so lifelike. Do you ever travel to Australia to teach?
I 'd love to take a class with you, and learn how to get such fine detail.

Susie Hewer said...

Exquisite work!

MarmaladeRose said...

Hi Chrys, no I've never been to Australia. But never say never x

Tea with Prudence said...

Your work is completely awesome. Field mice are a great subject matter.

cheers
Fi

Anonymous said...

Stunning!

Janice Kay Schaub said...

That is absolutely beautiful. I love the mouse, I have never seen this technique before. I love it as well as the subject
Janice

Unknown said...

Hi I simply love your work, so talented and detailed, I Would love to come to an exhibition of yours if you are exhibiting within striking distance.